Have you heard about the shorty awards?
The Shorty Awards honor the world’s top Twitterers.
Wow. Did you know you could be the best when you started to Twitter? The things that the community comes up with continue to delight me.
I nominated some of the people I follow:
- @shortyawards I nominate @jennyholzer for a Shorty Award in #artist for sharing her art on twitter
- @shortyawards I nominate @fireland for a Shorty Award in #humor because even though I cringe, I also always guffaw
- @shortyawards I nominate @jowyang for a Shorty Award in #business because he illustrates how social media sharing reaps biz rewards
- @shortyawards I nominate @armano for a Shorty Award in #advertising because he is helping to seriously advance the conversation
- @shortyawards I nominate @whitneyhess for a Shorty Award in #personal her tweets make me feel connected to my community and she is so upbeat
As I thought about who to nominate, I ruminated about what people really did enhance my life because of their Twitter stream. And then I thought, I’m actually happy to get a chance to recognize these people in some way because their stream has made my life better in one way or another.
Maybe their is opportunity there. Where there is value, often you find a world of opportunity.
If you want to nominate an awesome Tweeter, check out the Shorty Awards. It’s simple and kind of fun if you enjoy giving people kudos or just saying thanks.